Eyelid inflammation Chronic diseases are found in people of all genders and ages.
eyelid disease Blepharitis is an inflammatory condition of the skin that occurs around the eyelid. Especially around the edge of the eyelid. It consists of the eyelashes, eyelash follicles, and sebaceous glands and is often the cause of eye irritation, eye pain, and eye discomfort that are common in both males and females. Both children and adults
Blepharitis is considered a chronic disease. But it is not contagious. And although the disease is not serious enough to cause blindness But it can interfere with daily life and can cause permanent changes to the eyelid edge. Resulting in dry eyes, crooked eyelashes, and inflamed corneal surface. or a wound on the cornea and can cause the ability to see to worsen. Report from ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com
Types of eyelid inflammation
Classification of eyelid inflammation according to the cause of eyelid inflammation. Can be divided into 3 types as follows:
- Blepharitis is a type of eyelid infection caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Staphylococcal Blepharitis is an inflammatory eye disease caused by bacteria that live on human skin. which does not create toxins and does not cause harm It may just cause the eyelids to become inflamed.
- Seborrheic blepharitis is an inflammation of the skin around the sebaceous glands in the eyelid (Seborrheic Blepharitis). It is an inflammation of the skin around the sebaceous glands. It is similar to seborrheic dermatitis, causing the skin to become oily and scaly, similar to dandruff. and itchy rashes on the face or body
- Eyelid inflammation caused by malfunctioning of the meibomian glands. Or often called Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD), which is caused by the meibomian glands not functioning properly. If this gland works less This will cause tears to evaporate quickly. Until it causes dry eyes, red eyes, irritated eyes, itchy eyes, and watery eyes. But if you work too much, it will cause red eyelids, eyelids, or scabs around the eyelashes.
However, some patients may have symptoms of all three types of eyelid inflammation together. Due to inflammation of the skin around the sebaceous glands and meibomian tear glands, dysfunction often occurs together. and is often infected with staphylococcus bacteria as well
Causes of eyelid inflammation
Currently, the cause of eyelid inflammation is still unknown. But it has been found that there are many factors that cause eyelid inflammation, such as
- bacterial infection
- Fungal infection of the eyelid
- Exposure to dirt around the eyelids, such as dust.
- Dust mites, eyelash mites, or lice on the eyelashes
- Eyeliner Applying false eyelashes Using cosmetics around the eyes Eyelid tattooing
- Wearing contact lenses regularly
- Having various diseases around the eyes, such as dry eyes, eyelashes growing in the wrong direction conjunctivitis Corneal inflammation, etc.
- Having an eye allergy Including diseases of the body such as allergies and autoimmune diseases. Meibomian gland dysfunction Seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, people with menopause There is a bacterial infection on the skin, etc.
- Receiving certain medications, such as antihistamines and antidepressants Medicines for treating enlarged prostate, etc.