The best way to treat eyelid inflammation is to keep the eyelid area and lid edges clean. Which patients can easily perform with these guidelines
- Avoid using eye makeup or wearing contact lenses until the inflammation subsides to reduce irritation.
- Apply a warm compress using a clean cloth moistene with warm water. And wring it out around the eyes for 10-15 minutes, 1-2 times a day to soften eye stains or blockages around the eyelids. and easier to wash off
- Clean your eyelids by mixing baby shampoo and clean water in a 1:1 ratio. Use a clean cloth or cotton pad moisten with water mixed with shampoo and rub gently along the base of the eyelashes and the edge of the eyelid several times. Then rinse with clean water. and pat dry
- Massage the eyelids by pulling the inner and outer corners of the eyes tight. Press and swipe the upper eyelid from top to bottom. The lower eyelid Massage by pressing and swiping from bottom to top. which is a massage according to the position of the sebaceous glands
- Use artificial tears to help reduce dry eyes and irritation.
If symptoms are severe or do not improve. Patients may need to see a doctor for other treatment options as appropriate. The doctor may consider using antibiotics. (Antibiotics) in the form of eye drops eye ointment Or you may need to take oral medicine if you have an infection. In some patients Your doctor may prescribe steroids to help reduce inflammation, swelling, redness, or irritation. or use immune-suppressing drugs (Immunomodulators) such as eye drops to help reduce inflammation in some cases, such as inflammation of the back edge of the eyelid, etc. Report from ทางเข้า ufabet
How to prevent eyelid inflammation
Eyelid inflammation is often chronic. Cannot be completely cured and often comes back again Patients should therefore maintain cleanliness and hygiene of their eyelids and face regularly. Avoiding or controlling various risk factors also helps reduce the symptoms of blepharitis. This makes the disease heal faster and does not come back often. This can be done by keeping the face and hands clean. Try not to touch, scratch your face, or rub your eyes if cosmetics are being used. It is necessary to thoroughly clean your makeup every time. Don’t sleep overnight with makeup on your face. In addition, in people with vision problems You should alternate between wearing glasses. And contact lenses from time to time to reduce dry eyes or build-up of dirt. If you have tears. Blot up any tears or eye drops that have overflowed from your eyes with a clean tissue or cotton swab. And eat omega-3 in cod liver oil regularly to nourish the eyes Helps improve inflammation and dry eye symptoms.
Complications from eyelid inflammation
Eyelid disease can cause complications such as dry eyes, frequent tearing, and eyelashes growing in the wrong direction. Scar at the edge of the eyelid. The edges of the eyelids roll in or out, eye stye, chronic red eyes from conjunctivitis, corneal abrasions or wounds from irritation from eyelid inflammation or eyelashes growing in the wrong direction. or in cases where eyelid inflammation is very severe and does not respond to treatment methods May damage the surface of the cornea. or corneal inflammation This can cause permanent vision deterioration.